Label & SDS
Clipper Herbicide is a fast-acting contact herbicide that controls selected floating, emergent and submerged aquatic weeds and algae.
It is most effective when applied to young, actively growing weeds in water with pH less than 8.0.
Clipper Herbicide is a large-diameter, effervescent herbicide tablet contained in a water-soluble wrapping which can be applied in two ways:
A. thrown directly into the water body where the target weeds grow, without the aid of spraying equipment, or
B. dissolved in water and applied with conventional spraying equipment.
Approximately 27 tablets are required per Megalitre of water (1 tablet per 37.5m3 of water).
How does Clipper
Is a unique dissolvable effervescing Tablet that is a Group 14 or the old Group G Herbicide. It is a fast-acting contact herbicide that controls selected submersed, emergent and floating aquatic weeds.
The half life diminishes significantly when applied to a pH over 8.0.
Clipper Herbicide is a PPO inhibitor a member of the N-phenylphthalimides group of herbicides.
The mode of action of Clipper Herbicide is to inhibit protoporphyrinogen oxidase (Protox), an enzyme important in the synthesis of chlorophyll.
Clipper Herbicide is a game changer for the control of many problematic emergent and submerged aquatic
weeds. Its breakdown in water is considered moderately fast and in water with a higher pH the breakdown
is rapid. The active ingredient FLUMIOXAZIN is considered not persistent in water.
A great profile with low toxicity to fish, crustaceans’ frogs, etc. (See the label instructions for more details).
Clipper Herbicide Withholding Periods
- Between treatment and re-entering treated water: not required.
- Between treatment and using treated water for drinking by pets and livestock: not required.
- Between treatment and using treated water to irrigate pasture for grazing: 2 days.
- Between treatment and using treated water to irrigate couch or kikuyu turf and lawns: 2 days.
- For other turf species – contact your supplier.
- Between treatment and using treated water for recreational fishing: 3 day.